Friday, August 24, 2007

Afternoon with Travis Pastrana


Working on nitrocircus.com has been a blast. They are the best clients ever and there are a few perks. The most recent one was spending the afternoon with the Nitro Circus crew and Travis Pastrana. I was a little freaked out first meeting him, but after a few minutes I felt more comfortable because he is such a nice guy. We were doing a green screen shoot for his upcoming biographical film. I got to watch him for about 4 hours as they shot different green screen scenes and angles. He is a very good ad libber. I told him I thought he was good at it and I think he thought I was just kissing up. He sat by me for a while and I showed him my designs for a new site I am doing for them and he was very complimentary and genuinely interested. Also, a funny thing happened during the shoot. A cricket kept chirping on the soundstage that we were shooting in. I became the "cricket wrangler", walking around between takes clapping my hands trying to spook the cricket into submission. The reason I was there was to have Travis do a favor for me - I asked him to shoot soundbite for my upcoming Flashforward Film Festival Trailer. He did a great job heckling the other nominees - Travis style. The guy has class.

No comments: