Thursday, September 20, 2007

Flash Forward - Day 2 - Morning Presentations

Still bummed about last night - lost to Papervision3D. But they treated all the Flash Film Festival finalists like rock stars. Afterwards I spoke to the guy in charge and he said that my Nitro Circus was chosen among 2000 applicants just in that category. I went to dinner with the guys at Red Interactive then came back to my room and watched Wild Hogs that I rented at Red Box - good movie. Also ate too many Blue Diamond almonds.

This morning I got some great Flash game optimization tips from Jay Laird. He had a lot of really clever techniques to really optimize Flash performance. His new site will be http://www.flashhatesyou.com/ (soon to launch). The site will be all about Flash optimization.

The next session was Mike Summers from http://www.kickapps.com/ . He spoke about the many dimensions of social media. His platform seems very useful. It is a way to add common widgets to a site (upload photo, video thumbnails, etc.). Looks very useful. He highly recommended watching the first Internet conference. He mentioned a very interesting concept called hyper-local which means neighborhood level web apps.

I ran into Curtis Morley and we are going to go to lunch. It was good to see him again.

No comments: